A. Potential “LOCK DOWN” scenarios:
- An active shooter in progress on campus.
- Pandemic-contagious medical outbreak
- 恶劣天气 (refer to 恶劣天气 section of this document)
- Lock-Down will radiate from the “hot zone” until the complete campus is locked-down.
- Building lock-down requirements
- Communication with entire campus; faculty, staff and students.
- Physically locking of EXTERNAL doors of buildings.
C. Communication with campus: provide the campus with instructions for appropriate actions.
- 学生服务 to notify Residence Life staff.
- Audible alerts from police vehicles using public address system(s) – Clock tower, intercoms, etc…
The 十大网赌靠谱网址平台 Emergency Response Team will be assembled in the designated Command Center.D. 建筑物的物理锁
- Lock shop will secure exterior doors with card swipe capabilities.
- Environmental services and security will be responsible to secure exterior doors of buildings without card swipe capabilities, 从“热点地区”开始.
- Invoking police mutual aid agreement vehicle access and egress will be blocked.
E. General instructions for individuals.
- Lock/barricade yourself in your room/classroom or other secure area.
- Stay away from windows and doors.
- Do not leave until police or security contact you and confirm its safe, then follow their instructions completely.
F. In the event of an “Active Shooter” on campus the State Attorney General has established set protocols for all police agencies.
These protocols include directions on:
- The initial number of persons allowed in the shooting area.
- Medical rescue and removal of victims.